Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 3: A Long Road Ahead

We've just set up camp and everyone has settled down for the night. My companions have entrusted me with standing guard tonight. They say that it is part of my training, that I will need to sharpen my wits and have a keen eye at all times.... I think I hear the goblin laughing in his sleep.

I still know very little of my companions, though they seem to have taken well to the idea of training me to become a great adventurer like them. Just today I was educated upon the nature of vampires and why they have no genitalia, and after that I learned that the best way to protect yourself from their dark powers is to bathe only when absolutely necessary and coat yourself in excess mud whenever possible. I'm not sure about that last one, but I guess the bathing thing makes sense.

I think the drow may be going crazy. He suddenly sat straight up and threw a rock at his sword and then hissed at it to shut up.

I'm a little nervous about meeting this Lord Nellen in his town. I heard from my companions that he is some powerful lord in this area, and though he has seemed hospitable thus far I can't help but worry.

I think thats all for now. My arms and back are still sore from carrying the goblin this afternoon. I never knew someone's feet could be allergic to grass. Maybe thats why they lived in a cave?

No comments: