Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 1: Leaving Home

Here begins the my journal....
This page shall mark the start of my story....
It was a bright and promising day when I left home....
A drow, a goblin, and a spikey-haired monster girl walk into a bar.....

Writing a journal is going to be harder than I expected. This is my, Steve's, journal. I'm the son of guard captain Rick of the former township of the valley. Our people have been forced to flee our ancestral home to avoid being slaughtered by the mist dwellers err.. by the undead armies of Lord Necromungus.

Before the attack on our village, 3 very strange beings wandered in from the mountain pass. They say to have come from underground and form a very odd team. One is a dark elf who seems to command magics very similar in nature to what the undead use. He's also had no problems usurping the undead's possessed weaponry for his own ends.

There's also a short, burly man with green skin and a foul oder. He calls himself a 'magnificent' but the others call him a goblin. Despite his gruff nature and toilet humor, his actions have proven him in my mind to be a decent being. He fought very fiercely for our town and is training me in swordsmanship. I'm still more comfortable with an axe though.

The third of their number is a short, monster girl with very spiky hair and an even more spiky club. She is both cute and scary at the same time, but generally mild mannered and friendly when conversed with. On the battlefield however she is 500 pounds of fury in 100 pounds of monster; sneaking, leaping, and smashing always.

Having saved us from the undead, these travelers have parted ways with the townsfolk. I've convinced them to let me come along in the hopes that I'll be able to make something of myself - something other than the son of the guard captain.

I can tell its going to be a hard journey. We're wandering off into an unknown land ruled by warring undead lords and I know very little of my chosen companions or their goals right now.

I think the goblin pooped in my sleeping bag.. Oh dear, that smell is never coming out.

No comments: